- 【Educational background and degrees】
- 1981 B.A. of Agricultural Science, Kyoto University
1983 M.A. of Agricultural Science, Kyoto University
1997 Ph.D (Economics) of Kyoto University
- Agricultural economics, rural development issues, social movements
- Economy of Southeast Asia
Agricultural and food economy
Contemporary Global Issues
Seminar A, Seminar 1, Seminar 2, Seminar 3
- 【Research Topics】
- Rural development and local organizations
- Primary commodity trade
- Social movements of rural origins
- 【Recent activities and publications】
- Local Societies and Rural Development: Self-organization and Participatory Development in Asia (edited with Ikuko Okamoto). Cheltenham and Northempton: Edward Elgar, 2014.
The World Food Crisis and the Strategies of Asian Rice Exporters. (Co-authored with Kensuke Kubo and Kazunari Tsukada), Chiba:The Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO, 2011.
Protest and Social Movements in the Developing World. (edited with Kumiko Makino). Cheltenham and Northempton: Edward Elgar, 2009.
The State and NGOs: Perspective from Asia, (edition) Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2002.
Cooperation and Community in Rural Thailand: An Organizational Analysis of Participatory Rural Development, Tokyo: Institute of Developing Economies, 1998.
- 【Personal Statement】
- My scholarly works are based on my experience of staying in a rural community of the northeastern Thailand when I was young. ‘Think from the grassroots’ is my motto of research.
go to top of page