From the first year, you have an Academic Adviser who is a full-time GTS faculty member. You may consult your advisor on all educational matters, ranging from simple questions over course selections to plans for study abroad or an internship. Many professors meet advisees during their regular office hours. You will find these times posted outside the Faculty of International Study’s office on the 2nd fl. of Building Eight.
- ABE Nozomu
- European economy, economic policy.
- AIBA Keiko
- Gendered Physical Socialization of Adolescent Girls
Gender and bodies of Japanese women professional wrestlers.
Women’s empowerment through their bodies.
- IGAWA, Jennifer
- Academic English Program coordinator.
Metacognition and Language Learning.
- GILL, Tom
- Homelessness in Japan, Britain and America.
Irregular labor, especially day laborers.
- SHIMOYACHI Nao
- International Relations, Transitional Justice.
- Sun Youn LEE
- Human Capital and Labor Market Outcomes
Effects of Noncognitive Skills
- VESEY, Alexander
- The social history of early modern Buddhist temples and the clergy.
The cultural history of Japanese religions.
- WATSON, Michael
- Premodern and early modern Japanese literature.
Its reception and translation in foreign countries
- YOSHII Atsushi
- International law, law of the sea, international disputes resolution.
Classes taught by International Studies(IS) Department faculty
- HANZAWA Asahiko 半澤 朝彦
Development processes of imperial systems with a focus on the U.S.
British imperial history.
Introduction to International Relations
- HIRAYAMA Megumi 平山 恵
Social development (Service Learning)
- IWAMURA Hideyuki 岩村 英之
International integration and political economics.
Political science methodology.
- NAMIOKA Shintaro 浪岡 新太郎
Comparative political science.
- OIWA Keinosuke 大岩 圭之助
Culture and ecology.
Localization: How to think and act locally (Service Learning)
- OKAWA Reiko 大川 玲子
- SUEUCHI Keiko 末内 啓子
International political economics.
Canadian foreign relations.
International Political Economy
- SUN Zhan kun 孫 占坤
Legal Issues in International Relations
- TAKAHARA Takao 高原 孝生
- TANAKA Keiko 田中 桂子
Applied linguistics and education.
Critical Reading and Writing